Founded in 2010 by mortgage industry innovator Anthony Hsieh, our company is focused on creating a straightforward mortgage experience that meets—and exceeds—your expectations.
Our company’s growth reflects the success of our customer-centric approach. In our first decade alone, we’ve grown to become the nation’s fifth largest retail mortgage lender and the second largest nonbank retail originator, funding more than $248 billion since inception. Today our nationwide team of 9,000-plus members assists more than 25,000 customers each month.
Powered by mello® Technology
Delivering a digital mortgage experience that enables customers to be served quickly and easily is our top priority. Our proprietary mello® software platform powers every loan transaction, and, together with our mello™ smartloan—the world’s first end-to-end fully digital mortgage—we can ensure that transactions with us are fast, straightforward and hassle-free.
We are seeking to hire a Loan Officer Assistant that will become an essential member of the team. This is a full-time position in the Lakeville office and will report directly to the Branch Manager.
The primary function of the Loan Officer Assistant is to support and manage client engagement
activities including some aspects of partner development. This position does not require experience in the mortgage industry, but will require an aptitude for administrative tasks and an ability to remain responsive to clients.
- Build and maintain strong rapport with our current and past clients and keep them well-informed and cared-for throughout their real estate process and after closing.
- Anticipate and tend to clients’ needs so that they know they have 100% of our attention.
- Follow up requests to clients, agents, title companies and other 3rd party vendors for additional documentation that may be needed to obtain mortgage approval.
- Communicate with borrowers and schedule borrowers to meet with loan officers.
- Help Loan Officer(s) create loan files, structure loan and create estimates.
- Request and manage client data as needed—alt doc: paystubs, W2’s, tax returns, bank statements, etc. during all appointments, etc.
- Assist team with providing Commitment and Pre-approval Letters.
- Provide marketing and pipeline reports as needed.
- Maintain positive, professional, helpful, friendly relationships with all real estate agents.
- Promptly return calls from borrowers and real estate agents.
- A strong commitment to customer service to sales associates and borrowers—is a must!!
- Keep team organized; in general, daily.
- Support loan officer by performing additional responsibilities as business needs arise.
- 2+ years of Mortgage and or Real Estate Experience is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work, and Excel (required).
- Familiarity and comfort with social media.
- Positive outlook and proactive attitude working around a highly regulated process.
- Must be willing to obtain NMLS License if required (not currently required).
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Professional appearance.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to follow instructions and direction.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at
approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
loanDepot is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
• Salary/Hourly ($15-$30/hour) with Bonus/Commissions. Depends on experience.
• Medical, dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long term/short term disability, 401k, Paid time off, Paid holidays